Sunday, July 6, 2008

Coming to you from Aruba!


So why am I in Aruba, you may ask?  Well, I'm going to meet Cynthia here on the way home for a few days so it was easier to book round-trip flights to here and to-and-fro Venezuela.  Actually, when I first looked at it the fares were cheaper than going direct to Caracas!  It was tricky getting a flight to Caracas from the states, Travelocity only deals with one airline and they were booked.  So I called my friends at Dutch Antilles Express and I have flights to Curacao and then Caracas, landing about noon!
Had a pleasant though long flight from Chicago, had all of two small biscuits to eat on the plane!  That made my swordfish dinner here even better! (With spicy mango sauce!)
Gotta set an alarm so I can get my ride to the plane by 6:20.  Only about ten minutes away.  I'm staying in a Bed and Breakfast type place.  My hostess is Ingrid, a native Aruban.  Very nice, satisfactory room at only $65.  (and obviously, wireless internet!)
So tomorrow it's off to VE.  Hope I don't get lost (or need my phone - don't ask me what I think of Verizon right now!!!)
Later, JB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH-ROOOOOO-BAH!!!! Just tell me you can hear the ocean waves crashing to the shore from your room. What a wonderful way to begin and end your trip---fresh seafood!

Looking forward to future posts and safe travels for you!

Joanne

Barbara said...

We are looking forward to following you on your journey. Do you think the 10 hour bus trip will have Wireless??
Keep safe, take lots of pics and remember:
"Wherever you go, there you are"
Your loving Sis