Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lilly Foundation pays the way!

My interest in "El Sistema" was already there when I heard about the Lilly Foundation Teacher Creativity Fellowships.  Two friends of mine had earned the grant in the past and the application process was easy so why not give it a try.  Of course I was surprised and thrilled when I found that I had been awarded a grant.  $8,000 to make my project happen.  Well, after putting away $2,000 for taxes (it is income!) that should be enough money to complete my study.  I'd recommend it highly as they award 120 each year with up to 10 others for $25,000!!!
Check it out here and think of something you'd like to study in 2009!

1 comment:

Cynthia Bradford said...

Yea for the Lilly Grant. What a nice thing to do to support teachers. Maybe I'll apply for a Lilly grant to learn how to yodel (a life-long dream!!) Travel safely!